Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The midwife who encouraged me to study obstetrics


I was twelve years old when I met Monica Leiva. She was thirty years old and she was a metwife.

I met her at my churche. She was sitting next to me and I noticed she had a book of Medicine. I asked her if she was a Doctor and she answered to me with a smile: "No, I am a metwife".

She told me everything about the carrer and why she studied Obstetrics:

She said that she studied obstetrics because she know that her vocation would be receiving the new God's creatures. She loved her career and her job. She was in charge of maternity and neonatology at Aysen's Hospital.

In a short time, I became very fond of her and I visited her to her house and her job. One day she let me see her working and she was very good on her job. She was very confident with her patients and they appreciated her work. On that day I realized that my vocation would be the service to people.

Monica Leiva still working at Aysen's Hospital and I could see that she likes what she do. Thanks to her I take this decision and I don't regret it.


1 comment:

  1. I like she says is her vocation, but this means she really love that she do. And I love to this carrer. I think is the best carrer in this world.
    kisses bye!!

    ReplyDelete